Tuesday, January 8, 2008

tuesday = fabric


For my first fabric post I’m going to show a selection of prints from a quilt I bought this past summer at an estate sale.


It was the last day of the sale so everything was 50% off. The quilt was rolled up and securely wrapped with masking tape so I couldn’t really open it but since it was marked $5 and was therefore $2.50 I figured even if I got some scraps out of it, it would be worth it…so I bought it.


When I got it home I did what I do with all the quilts I buy, I hung it up outside to air-out and get a good look at it.


I was so happy I decided to buy it because it was a great mis-match of patterns and colors, which is my favorite type of quilt.


It had some condition issues but that was okay because the back – the back is inspired and perfect and a miracle…



And just so you don’t fret that I might not have enough fabrics to make this “swatch a week” thing work in the long term, here is a photo of my stash as of 2006 {does not include any purchases from 2007 which are stuffed precariously in the closet}:

No comments: