Monday, January 27, 2014

a roadtrip to springfield mo in 5 parts - part 1

last summer I decided to take a two day road trip to springfield, mo - stopping along the way to take pictures & shop at thrift stores.  to do this effectively I choose to take the back roads rather than the highway on the way there so instead of the approx. 3 hours it would normally take it took me 8!

but it was so much fun to just happen upon all those little towns along the way :)

by the time I got to springfield I was tired & it was getting dark so I checked into my hotel, got a burger then hit the hay.  the next day I got up bright & early, explored the city then took off back for home…on the highway with just some quick stops here & there so it only took me around 5 hours :P

I didn't thrift anything exciting but for me just driving & taking pictures is what it's really about…I get the itch as soon as the weather starts getting nice around this time of the year…not sure where it will be this spring yet but I'm starting to think about it.  any suggestions?






I'll share more each day this week…hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I am not sure where you live, but Nashville is interesting. (They also have a pretty decent once a month flea market.) And the Branson area is kitschy and fun. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the 127 yard sale, so many places to explore while that is going on.

Anonymous said...

Hi Gina,
Thank you for coming back to your blog. I love your photos; you have been an inspiration to me. I took a photo at Bagnel Dam with you in mind. I would love to send it to you, but I cannot figure out how to do that. If you email me, I can reply to you and send it if you are interested.

If you are looking for kitchy photo opportunities, you can't beat the Ozarks. My husband and I take the back roads and find the old resorts. There is signage that is beautiful, sometimes deserted cabins, sometimes just old foundations and fencing. I have a folder full of great pictures of vintage resorts.

My daughter went to college in Springfield and we just always took 71. Next time we go down, we'll take the backroads.

Good luck and welcome back!

Karen Bordner
karenjoyjoyhappy@gmail.com