Thursday, March 31, 2011

thursday = embroidery

today I'm not only back to my regular schedule of sharing a weekly vintage embroidery pattern but also I finally have a finished project to share...feels like forever since that's happened!


the overall piece is 14" x 16" and was done with a 2 strand stem stitch - I created the line drawing from a photograph using illustrator.


{also, here's a bit about tom coffey if you're curious.}

and finally here are some pretty spring flowers for you:


happy stitching!

7 comments:

Hillori said...

All I can say is WOW!! Your Tom Coffey piece is amazing! Your talent really shines in this :))

Molly D said...

what an inspiring finished piece! makes me want to embroider something involving my banjo.... :D

Gina said...

wow, great piece! yay for embroidery Thursday!

Rebekka Seale said...

That is INCREDIBLE!

Jodi said...

Love your new piece - so unique. So glad to see Embroidery thursday back I have been hanging out for it. Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

That is amazing! Got some skill there my lovely! xxx

gina said...

thank you all so much for your kind comments about the piece :)

p.s. velvet tangerine - I hope you do a piece involving your banjo!