Friday, January 28, 2011

rhythms with witch...

recently my 3 sisters & I have been having fun exchanging emails in an effort to compile a list of the best movie villainesses...this is who we have so far:



the white witch

queen grimhilde

bellatrix lestrange

cruella deville

alien queen

annie wilkes

bridget gregory

alex forrest

baby jane hudson

we'd love some help...who would you add to the list?

{have a wonderful weekend!}

p.s. the photo is from halloween 1978 - that's me as dorothy & my lovely sister as the witch :)


Anonymous said...

I'd be scared of that witch too! Here are some villainess suggestions:
Sue Ann Stepenek-Pretty Poison, nobody does bad as good as Tuesday Weld.
Rhoda Penmark-The Bad Seed-new meaning to the phrase 'bad kid'

Amy said...

Ursula from The Little Mermaid and Professor Umbridge from Harry Potter!


Anonymous said...

another Glenn Close:
Marquise de Merteuil, Dangerous Liasons

Anonymous said...

Rhoda Penmark - The Bad Seed
seriously evil little girl

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I want to are a couple of my most feared Disney movie villains when I was a child -- other than the other Cruella of course, the queen "witch" of all

Queen of Hearts - Alice in Wonderland's_Adventures_in_Wonderland)

Madame Medusa - The Rescuers
this character scared me soooo much when I was little. I loved this movie and I suppose I loved to hate Madame Medusa!!

Katie said...

What about the Sanderson Sisters from "Hocus Pocus"? Witchy sisters who sing in three-part harmony?! Terrifying!

mixette said...

You have *three* sisters? Lucky!

How about Faye Dunaway as Joan Crawford in Mommie Dearest. Nothing more villainous than a mean mother.

shivy said...

kathy bates character in misery is pretty villian-y :]

Pooka said...

Nurse Mildred Ratched.

The Other Mother from Coraline.

female villains are always so much more scary than their male counterparts.

Anonymous said...

Samara - The girl from The Ring
Eve Harrington - All about Eve (Ann Baxter)
Mrs. Iselan - The Manchurian Candidate (Angela Landsbury)
Peyton Flanders - The Hand that Rocks the Cradle (Rebecca DeMornay)
Hedy Carlson - Single White Female (Jennifer Jason Leigh)

Mini-series that have evil, obsessive Mother characters:
Helena Vesley(Diana Rigg) - Mother Love
Regan Hamleigh (Sarah Parrish)- Pillars of Earth