Thursday, May 28, 2009

thursday = embroidery

I'm working on another large scale embroidery piece but dropped everything last weekend to make this pin for my friend wendi, using this pattern generously provided by barncat:



at about 4.5" its kind of too large to be worn as a pin though...oops! however, it looked pretty snazzy on her purse so I think we're okay :)

this week I thought I'd change things up a little bit and make the weekly vintage embroidery sample monogram related:




in total there are 3 frames & two {different sized} alphabets - just click on over to my flickr if you're interested.

happy stitching!

6 comments:

reilly said...

Ah, I love this! The pin you made and the awesome monogram frame! Thank you!

I really like your use of fabric, I'm always too lazy to do that. :]

Spencer said...

Love the pin! i want to start adding fabric to my embroidery!! thank you so much for the monogram frames i had been thinking of embroidering hankies for the past few days. now i can!!!

Muddlepud said...

Isn't that pretty! It has a very vintage-y look to it. Very sweet.

Martha said...

That pin is so sweet -- now I can't stop wondering about the new project.....a rug? headboard? chandelier? breadbox?

is cotton percale good for sheets said...

this week I thought I'd change things up a little bit and make the weekly vintage embroidery sample monogram related: egyptian cotton sheets , best cheap comforter sets ,

Goodtime said...

Thanks for sharing this useful and interesting information, checkout this it can be useful to you. Keep on sending in more useful and amazing information on your blog uniport post utme closing date