Monday, August 25, 2008

monday = thrifted

I had a really nice weekend, I hope you did too...

I went to a sweet one year old's birthday party which was so much fun {I'll be sharing the gifts I made for him this thursday & next}!

I also went to an antique show with a dear friend, where we found this; which we both promptly decided had to come home with me:


{its kind of hard to see but the image is actually made of very thin, cut wood/veneer & the dark brown areas are printed on}

I did also go to one estate sale where I scored this beatiful vintage, but ripped, quilt & metal game:

{the game I'll turn into another clock}

I also went to a small carnival that had a pretty carousel:


all & all a very nice couple of days!

8 comments:

Sarah and Jack said...

Ripped or not, that quilt makes my little heart go pitter patter.

And to actually find in person at an estate sale! Oh boy! Even as quilt lucky as I am, I still can only dream of finding a grandmother's flower garden quilt locally.

Anonymous said...

pretty quilt!

* elizabeth * said...

That quilt is so sweet. I really need to move to where you are so I can find sweet quilts, too, ha! And the horse is beautiful. I was actually craving a carnival this week to no avail. So this will have to be my fix for now.

Victoria said...

The pictures of the beautiful quilt, game and carousel horse are gorgeous together!

(Good job on getting that quilt!)

Kathy Raker said...

The quilt is very pretty, what a great find. Thanks for sharing your stitchery patterns too.

Anonymous said...

I love the wood image! Gorgeous! Great find.

Leah said...

Beautiful quilt! The colors are great.

erinberry said...

Love the veneer piece!

And what a great quilt find for $12.