Monday, February 28, 2011

strip mall estate sale

generally estate sales are held in homes but recently I attended a sale that took place in the empty storefront at a strip mall. apparently the sale was of a collectors many storage units...the rumor was something like 6.




there were lots of different kinds of items like a regular estate sale, including a large selection of hats & shoes...this was only one of the multiple displays:


in addition there was a very large collection of dolls. like hundreds & hundreds of them. sadly I didn't take a photo of the two big areas where the dolls were setup but trust me it was crazy:






there were even boy dolls of the paper variety:


I did take a photo of the holly hobby section, although it's blurry:


here's a closeup of one part:


I did buy some things, although not anything in these photos...I'll post that tomorrow.

10 comments:

Kitsch and Curious said...

Oh my days, that is stupendous!!!
I'd love to look around all that!

Aveen said...

That Fonzie paper doll is pretty much the coolest thing I've ever seen!

Unknown said...

oh my gosh, the damage I could have done there. amazing!

cowboybunny said...

Wow, I believe I would have a hard time narrowing down what to buy, holy moly. I have one of the holly hobby dolls, funny to see it in a box. Can't wait to see what you got ;)

Briana Shepley said...

ohmalord, looks like you died and went to my heaven!

Craftcherry said...

Oh my goodness! I would have loved to go to that! Looks like a treasure chest exploded!

Lisa said...

Jealous. SO JEALOUS. Wow! Barabarino. The hats display. The mini suitcases. Can't wait to see what you bought!

Becky said...

So jealous. Was it hard to leave that sale without buying almost everything? Please tell me you wanted to buy the Welcome Back Kotter doll...?!

sparrows-and-arrows said...

That is an EPIC estate sale....oh sigh

Missouri Johnson said...

I love your blog. Some great pics that I find inspiring. I am always looking for things to stir the creative pot and when I stumbled across your blog I thought I found another one of my tribe. Great work and keep the creativity coming...

Missouri Johnson

http://missouri-oneofusislying.blogspot.com/