Tuesday, February 22, 2011

if the universe was my personal shopper...

I'd think it was trying to tell me something, because first I found these patterns at the thrift store:


{I'm pretty sure something on there is german for "dress to wear while playing the accordion"}

then a reader/customer sent me a link to this dress:


{hi laura!}

and then last night I saw the movie state fair & there was adorable dress after adorable dress:







{images via old-fashioned charm except that last one which I took of my tv with my phone}

coincidence...or something more?!



p.s. dear universe - I'm not sure I have the figure for those kinds of dresses but if you put them in my thrifting path I'll give it a shot :)

7 comments:

happyfamily said...

Why are the thrift stores in Kansas so much better than the ones in LA? Why?

PuNk rAwK pUrL said...

i adore this style! & I swear that I had a little girl version of that vintage dress.. same fabric & style!

laurawoods said...

go Gina! I'm pretty sure you can rock this style while you rock out on the accordion :) I am sure some dresses of this style will be coming soon to a thrift store near you. you can do it!

Care said...

With your thrifting luck, I wouldn't be surprised if you DID find a few of those beauties!

Anonymous said...

Hi from Germany, can assure you that there is nothing written in my language that means accordeon, it is just a two or three size pattern...called Dirndl, a Bavarian or Austrian dress...I had one as I was little - my mother did it for me. Thanks for showing these nice things you thrifted, I like them so much...

Unknown said...

I want that dress that your reader sent you. You should go for it!

Heidi Ann said...

Oh! That pattern on the left and that dress in the photo below it are SO totally "Heidi Dresses"! LOVE them.