for my friend's birthday I wanted to embroider something to do with the 1951 oldsmobile super 88 he's restoring so I did some searching online & found a photo of an emblem I thought would look good:
I redrew the design in illustrator then printed it out on avery printable fabric. to add color & get a silver metallic look before I started to embroider I painted the design using sharpie paint markers, being careful not to cover the printed design:
I was happy with the way it came out although I was a little bummed the emblem wasn't from the same year as his car...
and finally, for this week's vintage embroidery patterns here's tea...two ways: