Wednesday, September 1, 2010

little me, a reminder & a winner

little me at home:



back home my mom has a box of photos for each family member, mine is pink & it's where I found the above photos of me back when I was cute & apparently knew my way around a kitchen - both things I've outgrown. I am very thankful to know that box is there.

sort of like how I always felt about my external backup hard-drive. which sadly stopped working monday night taking along with it possibly all my data from the last two years. including lots & lots of photos.

I'm sending it off to a data recovery co. & am hoping that all is not completely lost...so just a reminder everyone, pink boxes are nice & all but make sure you backup a couple ways {in addition to an external HD I will also be adding an online service}.

now let's end on a happy note...the winner of the embroidered home sweet home paint by number hoop as selected by the random number generator is:


congrats alli! {please email me your shipping address}

thank you to everyone who entered & who comes to visit here...I hope you all have a wonderful day :)

5 comments:

Simply Shelley said...

Sweet pictures....blessings

jen v said...

aw man! i sure hope you get all your pics back. that just stinks. crossing my fingers for ya!

Kimberly said...

Darling photos. I am so, so sorry to hear about your computer. How devastating. Crossing my fingers for you!

Larissa Holland said...

I have so been there and so been in the hands of a data recovery service. lesson learned. I'm so sorry!

Alli (One Pearl Button) said...

Oh, yay!! I can't believe I won - thank you, Gina! I'll email you now.

Good luck with your external hard drive. The data recovery people are usually pretty good...I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!