Wednesday, December 9, 2009

vintage craft magazine month - day seven

there is a part of me {a part I'm not particularly proud of} that likes the idea of making a big macaroni ball spray-painted silver, adorned with pretty ribbon & a spring of mistletoe to hang up every christmas:


{copyright 1969 McCall's 301 christmas make-it ideas}

that same part also loves the idea of fake, lifesize deer heads {also spray-painted} decorated window-boxes:


{copyright 1958 things to make for christmas}

huh, that part of me also seems to be really into spray-paint...

5 comments:

sassypackrat said...

The deer heads scare me but I'm totally into the macaroni balls!

Anonymous said...

Perhaps you could update just a bit and glitter the macaroni and deer heads. Glitter is so 21st century!
Karen

Sentimentally Me said...

Omigawd, you are just cracking me up with these vintage magazines! The deer heads are ummm. . . . interesting??!!! Hey I was born in 1958 too, which will now be known affectionately as "The Year of the Dear Head" * thanks for sharing :)

Melissa said...

Wow!! I had no idea. I mean it must of been kinda scary walking up to a house with that in the window. Now the macaroni art I get.;)

Tea Potty said...

Ooooh! Repellent, yet mesmerising...