Monday, November 2, 2009

recently {not} thrifted

as a solo thrifter, it can be hard to go with another person...you need to have the same endurance level, same ideas about what & when to eat during the excursion, be comfortable enough with each other to give {& get} advice on how something looks, wear different sizes {especially in vintage coats if you are into them & get the other person hooked on looking for them too} and have slightly similar but different enough personal style so you can be happy for each other when you find things, even if you're a little jealous.

if all that falls into place, thrifting can be even more fun...saturday I was lucky enough to get to go thrifting with a friend who made it just that fun :)

we both got some cool stuff, but here are some of the things we liked but didn't buy...






10 comments:

Bunny said...

I love the gravy boat. I so would have bought it.

Anonymous said...

i would have absolutely bought the colorado plate. sigh. i'm so jealous of your thrifting. i live in LA, where thrift stores are picked and over priced. not that i haven't scored through the years, but i see your weekly postings and wish i lived somewhere less urban (but only for thrifting).

fillyjonk said...

I would have bought the Colorado plate too. I have an entire collection of souvenir plates from different states decorating the walls in my bathroom.

* elizabeth * said...

Holy gravy boat! It's the prettiest thing ever!

Geek+Nerd said...

Oh the hutch! And the canister. So cute! What *did* you buy?

janicebotterill said...

Love your description about thrifting with a friend. I wouldn't be able to contain my envy if they found something I loved. Looks like you had a grand day out. What did you buy in the end?

gina said...

thanks everyone for your comments...although I feel bad you guys can't get the items you liked!

{I'll post about what I did get soon...I'm kicking myself for not taking the photos of those while we were there too.}

Maureen said...

How could you leave the sauceboat?

Laura-IH said...

I love the flour bin with the strawberries! How sweet! : )

ejorpin said...

How could you possibly resist those gorgeous goodies - I do admire your selectiveness and will-power! I would have grabbed the floor bin and gravy boat for sure...