Thursday, June 26, 2008

thursday = embroidery

I’m happy today to be able to share a finished embroidery project that I’ve been itching to show but didn’t want to spoil the giving of it as a gift.


I made this for a dear friend who is like a sister to me, hence the banner on the inside of the box:


The girls are from this Japanese embroidery book {which was a gift from my real sister – hi Sue!}…


And of course, what would embroidery day be without the weekly transfer?!


I thought this little guy would be cute on a baby’s bib:


And then there’s this guy:


Who I couldn’t resist providing an alternative version of:



Tomorrow's Friday - yay!

{p.s. So glad so many of you enjoyed the coloring book images yesterday...if you do stitch any of them up please send me a link so I can see - thanks!}

13 comments:

Kristi said...

That little box is FANTASTIC! :)

Victoria said...

Darling embroidered box!

kristena marie said...

Oh. My. That is awesome!!!

* elizabeth * said...

That i so beautiful. The girls are too adorable!

AJ Bindel said...

What a great gift! I love the way you embroidered the girls. I have that same book, and the girls/kids in that book just about kill me with their cuteness.

Girl Land said...

that is perhaps the cutest gift ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amy said...

What a sweet gift, so cute!

Rebekah said...

this is so adorable! I love the fabric/embroidery combo that you have here...too cute!

jen v said...

what an amazing box. lucky friend.

Cindibee said...

I think I need to make myself something using that Stubborn As pattern... Sounds too much like me. :p

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

That box is stunning. Clever you. Lucky friend.

erinberry said...

What a sweet box! Really lovely gift.

Anonymous said...

Love your blog. I have the same Japanese Embroidery Book. Check out my craft musings at yobiddy.blogspot.com.