Tuesday, May 13, 2008

tuesday = fabric

Just a quick post today to share this towel I got at that church rummage sale a couple weekends ago:

{No time to do any other fabric scans...sorry!}

Thanks everyone for your comments on what book to post about tomorrow - I believe "Look Alive Libby" is in the lead at this point but I haven't done a true tally yet. I will share the others in the coming weeks so don't be sad if your favorite doesn't come out on top!

p.s. - I have a quick thought about the term "thrifted"...I consider anything I pick up at an estate sale, church sale, garage sale or thrift store as thrifted. But I feel like by calling it that I give the false impression that everything I get is from the thrift store. I'm just curious to hear if anyone else has thought about this, or is it just me?!


Niesz Vintage Home said...

Fabulous colors!
Love that aqua blue and green together.

Kimberly :)

Heather said...

in my mind, thirfted means you picked it up second hand-anywhere second hand items are sold. Although I like to specify where I got it. Like "thrifted at an antique mall" etc.

dawn said...

Hmmm, I usually say I got something at a one-of-a-kind shop. My friends know that means from a garage sale, thrift store, curb, etc. But I like to leave others wondering.

sweetjessie said...

The stuff you can get at a thrift store is probably just the leftovers from those same garage sales, church rummage sales, etc. - you're just getting first pick!

bettyninja said...

I go with rummaging a lot for anything picked up church, yard sale, etc. But I also use thrifting any time to mean the same thing as well :)

debracooper said...

Great towel! Yeah, I agree that "thrifted" covers anything picked up second hand. I only qualify it with where I got it (goodwill, antique shop, etc.) when it is of particular interest.

Nix Sidhe said...

I love that definition for thrifted, I may have to start using it myself.

P.S. I love that fabric.