Wednesday, March 12, 2008

wednesday = books

Thanks everyone for your comments of sewing support & tag thank yous! I’m probably not nearly as hopeless a case as I made myself out to be when it comes to sewing. I know however, that my issues are mostly mental, so it was very helpful to hear others have similar feelings.

Today, in honor of the coming of spring & all the Robins suddenly in our neighborhood during our morning walks, our book is:

Title: Hi, Mister Robin
Author: Alvin Tresselt
Illustrator: Roger Duvoisin
Publisher: Lothrop, Lee & Shepard Co.
Copyright: 1950

I bought this book last weekend for 10 cents at the thrift store. I love the style, colors & compositions of the illustrations so much!

I also wanted to share this page from the April/May issue of PaperCrafts that I found inspiring:

I can’t believe tomorrow is embroidery day already – this week is a blur!

{I haven’t forgotten about being tagged – I think I’ll save it for Friday}


Alli said...

Wow, that was ten cents well spent! What a lovely little book.

Amy said...

I love vintage children's books, the pictures are so beautiful. You have inspired me to expand my collection.

Claire said...

The illustrations are gorgeous -would look great on some kids t shirts.. That is such a bargain!

elizabeth said...

that book is precious. i have a vintage children's book addiction. our house is overrun with them. and those embroidery hoops are fab. one photo looks a lot like my aunt cherri.

Heather said...

I love that last illustration from Hi Robin! the blossoms and the robin...yumm!

Lisa @ Little Acorn said...

I am now on the hunt for "Hi Robin"! What a beautiful book and my yard is full of robins and robin's nests and baby robins all spring long so it's just perfect for me.

g said...

I'm glad you guys enjoyed the book images!

Victoria said...

Beautiful book. I especially love the illustration of the robin against the blue sky. I am always on the look out for old children's books, they are magical!