Thursday, February 21, 2008

thursday = embroidery

I learned a lesson from Valentine’s Day and today I’m happy {& a little proud} to say that I have an Easter relevant embroidery design for you!

This is the only Walker’s transfer I believe I have - at least in the envelope. There are two identical sheets, one is complete the other is cut.


While the envelope says that its No. 966, on the transfer sheet is says Serial No. 1979. I’m not sure what that means but I thought it might be important.


The two things I find oddest about this image {and there’s a lot to find odd I think} is the stuff falling out of his pocket and his shoes.

He reminds me a little too much of the rabbit in Donnie Darko
for my taste too…

Before I wrap this up I thought I’d share a journal I made for my niece. {this was taken before my new camera - sorry}


I used a cheapo lined journal and just wrapped the felt over the front and back covers, stitched the top & bottom edges so it would stay on and then used scalloped scissors to finish the edge.

Oh - and an update: Thank you for all the suggestions regarding the gunk on my iron – I’m sure they will be a valuable source of reference for the next time I use my iron incorrectly! As it turned out – I was using it to transfer an embroidery design but with a piece of scrap fabric in between and due to the high heat & the movement over the scrap fabric it all came off! I threw out the scrap fabric so I didn’t accidentally get the leftovers on anything and I’m good to go again!

Hope you'll come back tomorrow - I've got a finished project to share...

4 comments:

Jessie said...

the bunny looks very Alice in Wonderland to me. I'm going to stitch this bad boy up for Easter. Thanks for sharing it!!

Heather said...

the bunny and the duck make an odd pair, but I love the easter bonnet!

Claire said...

Love the journal. I think I am slightly creeped out by the rabbit, but I am sure he would look much nicer once he is embroidered. Maybe he's the scary rabbit my Nanna told me guarded all the Easter eggs....

Marcia said...

I'm lovin your blog. Thanks for the embroidery. Your little journal is too cute! It looks like it would make her write about happy things.