Saturday, February 23, 2008

i heart marie claire idees

I was not going to renew my subscription to marie claire idees – its so expensive. But then I got a couple amazon giftcards for xmas and so just like I did the year before I went ahead and just did it. I’m so glad I did! I got the March issue this week and its full of beautiful inspiration and ideas. I’ll let some of the pictures speak for themselves {there’s more great stuff so you might want to check out a real-life issue for yourself}:









Well, I’m off to do some thrifting, embroidery, laundry, organizing & cleaning – later!

8 comments:

Claire said...

Marie Clairee Idees is on my list for when I next have some cash to spare - it looks great. I have also spent my day washing clothes, tidying and thrifting - managed to get 3 lovely tablecloths and some linen to cut up - hope that you managed some finds too x

Cindy said...

I love that stinkin magazine...so expensive, but so much inspiration! Now I'll have to see if I can find that issue, thanks! LOL. Love your blog. Thanks for all the eye candy. I've not done embrodiery in like a bazillion years, but I'm kinda getting back into it. Love all the cool books you find.

c

Geek+Nerd said...

yes - i agree - loooooove marie claire idees!

Anonymous said...

Hi, came over from HowAboutOrange, and am still here. hope you don't mind?
i havnt heard of that magazine, but love the pic of cake and embroidered apron. i hadnt embroidered since childhood, but just after xmas had the urge. very odd. in the spirit of you postings, i picked up a great vintage embroidery book on thurs with some thrifted natural dyed wools :0)

kim said...

I love that magazine. I actually lived in France and bought it a few times. I can't believe I am still seeing it in Korea and still buying it!

bettyninja said...

I am so with you on this magazine. Super ideas, now I just need to figure out how to get me one of these.

Anonymous said...

I just started to order this magazine after buying it in Italy. I absolutely loved this issue... so much inspiration

Drewzel said...

Oooh, I so covet this mag! One day I'll subscribe, when the $$ fairy comes hahah.