Thursday, December 9, 2010

thursday = embroidery

recently found wadded up at the bottom of my bag of embroidery floss...an abandoned wip from quite awhile ago:


I have trouble mustering the patience to fill things in, even if the image* is lovely. maybe I'll get back to work on it over the holiday, or maybe I'll switch to something similar but less complex...like this. or maybe I'll just drink hot cider & watch old xmas movies on tmc :)

moving onto this week's vintage embroidery pattern - I choose a little deer in honor of the one that's visiting my sister's yard in new york lately. I'm so jealous!


happy stitching!

*because geninne didn't specify this image as a free embroidery design I contacted her for permission & clarified that it was for personal use only.

10 comments:

AgathaMChristie said...

That's just lovely. I really, really like it. Gennine does fantastic birds and you've stitched it up so sweetly.

Gina said...

can't wait to stitch this up!! Thank you!!

kristin said...

SO much CUTE!! i think i have my weekend project in place with that sweet deer there...thanks so much!

Claudia said...

wow! that embroidery is fantastic, i can't wait to see it finished.

gina said...

thank you AgathaMChristie & Claudia - I had not been happy with the way the bird was looking back when I set the project aside but now that I've had some time away from it I'm much happier with it. I may even get back to work on it!

toots2u & kristin - so happy you liked the deer. if you do stitch it up please let me know, I'd love to see :)

and as always - thank you all for taking the time to leave comments!

Geek+Nerd said...

Eeeeek - the deer pattern is so sweet! Thank you!

Becky said...

Thank you. This deer is just too adorable!

Becky said...

Beautiful deer, love your embroidery AND your kitty up there!

Silvia LGD (Little Green Doll) said...

Thank you! This little deer is wonderful! :)

Zane Wooder said...

Watching old Christmas movies would be tempting but then you'd never get to be able to express yourself through something. Art helps you reduce stress. At least it helps me.

-Zane of ontario honey