Thursday, June 19, 2008

thursday = embroidery

Still no finished embroidery to share…I’m such a slow stitcher!

To make me feel less like I loser I dug up an old project to show you:


The bird is from needlecrafter & is just the pudgy, big-eyed type that I love! That Alice Brooks…

{I really like the chain stitch as an outline but seldom seem to use it lately. I used it more often when I was first learning how to embroidery…I really need to use it more often from now on.}

Today’s pattern may look familiar as it was part of last week’s post. It was so sweet I couldn’t help but scan it for you:


So happy tomorrow's Friday, see you then!

7 comments:

* elizabeth * said...

Adorable little blue bird. It's big eye is cute!

Anonymous said...

I love that pattern, I can just picture it on a flour bag tea towel. Yay. A Christmas present in the making.

Patty said...

I love the chain stitch but hardly ever use it. I love how your bird turned out. And thanks for another lovely pattern!

Claire said...

I love the Alice Brooks birds - they never fail to make me happy. I also love chain stitch but tend to use stem stitch as it's so easy and rhythmical to sew x

Pintoo said...

i was a silent reader of ur blog. But couldnt stop myself from commenting. that bird is a beauty. love it

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know that I found your blog this week and have enjoyed it very much. I enjoy embroidery and am a slow stitcher too...it's this computer, I'm tellin' ya!
Your work is so neat and pretty!☺

Anonymous said...

A good read.