I was not going to renew my subscription to marie claire idees – its so expensive. But then I got a couple amazon giftcards for xmas and so just like I did the year before I went ahead and just did it. I’m so glad I did! I got the March issue this week and its full of beautiful inspiration and ideas. I’ll let some of the pictures speak for themselves {there’s more great stuff so you might want to check out a real-life issue for yourself}:
Well, I’m off to do some thrifting, embroidery, laundry, organizing & cleaning – later!
Marie Clairee Idees is on my list for when I next have some cash to spare - it looks great. I have also spent my day washing clothes, tidying and thrifting - managed to get 3 lovely tablecloths and some linen to cut up - hope that you managed some finds too x
I love that stinkin magazine...so expensive, but so much inspiration! Now I'll have to see if I can find that issue, thanks! LOL. Love your blog. Thanks for all the eye candy. I've not done embrodiery in like a bazillion years, but I'm kinda getting back into it. Love all the cool books you find.
Hi, came over from HowAboutOrange, and am still here. hope you don't mind? i havnt heard of that magazine, but love the pic of cake and embroidered apron. i hadnt embroidered since childhood, but just after xmas had the urge. very odd. in the spirit of you postings, i picked up a great vintage embroidery book on thurs with some thrifted natural dyed wools :0)
thank you so much for stopping by & leaving a comment - they totally make my day! I try to answer questions but unless you have setup your profile to provide your email, or included it in your comment I won't be able to reply to you directly, so I will leave it in the comments :)
Marie Clairee Idees is on my list for when I next have some cash to spare - it looks great. I have also spent my day washing clothes, tidying and thrifting - managed to get 3 lovely tablecloths and some linen to cut up - hope that you managed some finds too x
ReplyDeleteI love that stinkin magazine...so expensive, but so much inspiration! Now I'll have to see if I can find that issue, thanks! LOL. Love your blog. Thanks for all the eye candy. I've not done embrodiery in like a bazillion years, but I'm kinda getting back into it. Love all the cool books you find.
ReplyDeletec
yes - i agree - loooooove marie claire idees!
ReplyDeleteHi, came over from HowAboutOrange, and am still here. hope you don't mind?
ReplyDeletei havnt heard of that magazine, but love the pic of cake and embroidered apron. i hadnt embroidered since childhood, but just after xmas had the urge. very odd. in the spirit of you postings, i picked up a great vintage embroidery book on thurs with some thrifted natural dyed wools :0)
I love that magazine. I actually lived in France and bought it a few times. I can't believe I am still seeing it in Korea and still buying it!
ReplyDeleteI am so with you on this magazine. Super ideas, now I just need to figure out how to get me one of these.
ReplyDeleteI just started to order this magazine after buying it in Italy. I absolutely loved this issue... so much inspiration
ReplyDeleteOooh, I so covet this mag! One day I'll subscribe, when the $$ fairy comes hahah.
ReplyDelete