Friday, February 22, 2008

friday = misc.

First off, I’d like to thank floresita for bestowing me with one of her “you make my day awards”!

She is one of the reasons I started this blog in the first place so it has special meaning to me! {she’s listed some great blogs I’d never been to as well, so you should definitely check it out…}

I really loved the love squirrels little acorn did for valentine’s day but I didn’t have time to work on mine until this past weekend.


Because I like to torture myself, I got the idea in my head that I wanted to cut mine out of felt. Luckily, I found really stiff felt at Michaels and that is the only thing that saved me.

I printed out the pattern and pinned it to a folder piece of felt and then went at with an exacto. I went back in after opening it flat with little scissors to clean it up.

You can’t tell from the photo but its actually a very dark brown, not black. I was going to put a lighter brown behind it but the contrast wasn’t enough to really see the design so I went with the blue.

I still can’t find that darn hole-punch so I used a little clothespin to hang it from the doorknob to the guy’s office.

I’m happy with the way it came out. I got an idea in my head of what I wanted to do and I did it. Anything you do should be considered successful if you try, even if you fail, if you try, you’ve done something & something is better than nothing. Now go do something…and have a nice weekend!

{I’ll be back during the weekend, so if you get a chance stop by…}

3 comments:

  1. oh my goodness- talk about pain staking work! But it turned out so nice, and I being a big fan of blue think the blue makes a better background than a brown would have. :)

    I agree- florista is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so impressed with your craftiness here. Way to go! IT came out great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks amazing! I'm so glad you tried it!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for stopping by & leaving a comment - they totally make my day! I try to answer questions but unless you have setup your profile to provide your email, or included it in your comment I won't be able to reply to you directly, so I will leave it in the comments :)