Thursday, December 2, 2010

thursday = embroidery

so back when I planned to make all handmade gifts for xmas, a goal I've since abandoned, one of the ideas I came up with was an embroidered tinsel hoop:


I used this pattern for the snowflake {I also bought this pattern because doing a last name initial version for family's would be/would have been nice}, then hot glued two types of tinsel garland to the hoop. oh yeah, and I added white beads:


I used sulky stabilizer for the first time doing this...the tear away kind. I can't believe I waited so long, not sure exactly what I was scared of but it was easy!

if only cat's really could stitch like in vintage embroidery transfers, then maybe it could be a handmade xmas...


happy stitching :)

4 comments:

Retro Plants said...

oh *SO* lovely!!!
a handmade Christmas sounds nice. . . but, i should have started months ago to achieve a goal like that! ha!
so how about a "partial handmade" Christmas? (^0^)
that will have to do!

LOVE the kitty!

Corinne said...

Your stitches are divine - so perfectly even. What a beautiful gift :). I am in love with tear away stabilizer - I don't stitch without it!

Kitten's Lost Her Mittens said...

I love your snowflake! I also think cats stitching would be nice...mine could start pulling their own weight around here!

Becky said...

Gorgeous!

Thanks for sharing Kitty with us to.