Wednesday, April 2, 2008

wednesday = books

I bought this book a couple weekends ago at the thrift store for 75 cents.

Title: Flat Tail
Authors: Alice Crew Gall & Fleming Crew
Illustrator: W.Langdon Kihn
Publisher: Oxford University Press
Copyright: 1935 {mine is the fifth printing in 1944}




It was hard to select which illustrations to show, there are many in the book and they are all wonderful.




After looking through this book I have a little bit of that feeling I get when I walk in the woods…calm, entranced by nature and thankful for the animals I share the woods with.

7 comments:

Victoria said...

Beautiful illustrations. Love the graphic swirls in the water. What a great find!

Anonymous said...

wow. I love the illustrations. Does it list the illustrator's name?

Anonymous said...

duh. sorry, up too late. you have very nicely included the illustrator's name. perhaps after a night's sleep I'll do a search.

Catalyst Of Calamity said...

Amazing illustrations! Thanks for sharing.

Skulleigh said...

Those are marvelous! I love the one of the overhead view of the swimming beaver.

Drewzel said...

These are the sort of illustrations that are "right up my street"...LOVE!

Sylvie said...

So beautiful! Thanks for sharing.