Thursday, February 28, 2008

thursday = embroidery

Happy Embroidery Day!

I stitched this little lady up awhile ago when I was first learning how to embroidery:


Well, it sounds from the comments, like other people are noticing the lack of vintage craft books out in the thrift world. That makes me feel better - sometimes you start to feel like the universe is conspiring against your thrifting mojo. Or maybe that's just me?!

8 comments:

  1. Hee hee - I scanned the Vegetable Polka too! :) And I kid you not I looked at this exact transfer today and thought to myself "How cute would that little ballet dancing teacup looked if it was stitched?" I love yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the teacup - so cute! I sometimes think thrifting relies on more than just people donating stuff - my mate swears I have a 6th sense for something being in a specific shop as I get "urges" to go in them and know that something I have been looking for is in there, although for months I may find nothing. Oh well, if nothing else, I can keep myself occupied for hours embroidering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, the universe does conspire against thrifting mojo. I swear that as soon as I decide to look for something--I never see one. Then, once I stop looking I find it free somewhere. For example, I used to find enamel dansk pots everywhere. I could easily snag them at yard sales and rummages for 50 cents to $1. I specfically remeber my mom saying 8 or 9 years ago- I think these will become the next big thing. And they are! I hardly ever see them at yard sales and if I do it is for $10-$20, way more on ebay. They are also always in home magazines and cooking magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this pattern only it is incomplete. It is one of my favorite Vogarts. I recently stitched the little radish onto a onesie- so cute! I love the colors that you used on the tea cup- so feminine!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely. Thank you for sharing :-)
    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just stumbled across your blog, and I gotta say that it is one of my new favorites! I love your embroidery patterns and... basically everything you share! Thanks for the awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a superb little lady! Thanks for offering the pattern and keep up the good work on your blog!

    -Rachel
    www.bytesandbobbins.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! I've got that pattern to, but haven't gotten it together to stitch anything out of it. Go the teacup!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for stopping by & leaving a comment - they totally make my day! I try to answer questions but unless you have setup your profile to provide your email, or included it in your comment I won't be able to reply to you directly, so I will leave it in the comments :)